Welcome to my reception
My specialization is occupational medicine and insurance medicine. I am a medical doctor and specialist in occupational health.
I graduated as a doctor in Finland in 1998, specialists in occupational health doctor in 2004. My Ph.D. dissertation related to occupational cancers was completed in 2005. I have been medical expert for KELA since 2009, I have special qualification in insurance medicine. I am a Finnish citizen.
In the Medical Centre of Aava I work as an occupational health specialist and as an expert in insurance medicine. Working well-being, rehabilitation and retirement solutions are my strengths. I am a member of the Finnish Medical Association.
Occupational health client (my time cannot be booked directly online):
- Book my call time first (Monday, Wednesday, or Friday), do so also for Health Check
- I'll call you during the day, most likely between 4pm and 7pm
- If your matter cannot be fully solved by phone, you will be given a time for appointment in my office+
- I can't take flu patients to my appointment. Cancel my appointment and seek emergency care if needed if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, myalgia, shortness of breath, headache, toothache, sore throat or rhinitis; if you do not have time to cancel, you should stay at home so I will call you at the appointment and I will try to help you over the phone. Canceling my reception for the above reason will not result in a cancellation bill.
- Book primarily with me a remote, over-the-phone appointment/ occupational medicine and insurance medicine
I mainly offer help from the point of view of occupational health doctor and insurance expert:
- Coping at work and in life
- Medical examinations and chronic diseases (eg hypertension and high cholesterol)
- Medical rehabilitation (eg rehabilitation provided by KELA)
- KELA benefits (eg sickness allowance, disability allowances, pensioner care allowances)
- Vocational rehabilitation (eg re-employment or reintegration measures such as work placements or retraining)
- Retirement Solutions
In particular, I hope that my remote appointment will improve your understanding of the principle of insurance medicine and thus improve the outcome of your cooperation with insurance companies.
Dissertations and publications
I. Suhonen J, Ahola T, Guo H, Haapalinna A, Heinonen E, Hervonen A (1993): L-deprenyl (Eldepryl) treatment may improve the viability of grafted young and aged sympathetic ganglion cells. Lääketiede 94 Medicin, Helsinki, Finland
II. Guo Hang (1997): Total Antioxidant Capacities of Different Tea Leaves and their Effects on TRAP Values in Human Plasma – An in vitro and in vivo Study. Research Work for the Degree of Licentiate of Medical Science, University of Tampere, Finland
III. Guo J, Kauppinen T, Kyyrönen P, Lindbohm M-L, Heikkilä P and Pukkala E (2004): Occupational Exposure to Diesel and Gasoline Engine Exhausts and Risk of Lung Cancer among Finnish Workers. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 45(6):483-490.
IV. Guo J, Kauppinen T, Kyyrönen P, Heikkilä P, Lindbohm M-L and Pukkala E (2004): Risk of Esophageal, Ovarian, Testicular, Kidney and Bladder Cancers and Leukemia among Finnish Workers Exposed to Diesel or Gasoline Engine Exhaust.
International Journal of Cancer 111(2):286-292.
V. Pukkala E, Guo J, Kauppinen T, Kyyrönen P, Lindbohm M-L, Sallmén M (2005): National Job-Exposure Matrix in Analyses of Census-Based Estimates of Occupational Cancer Risk. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health 31(2):97-107.
VI. Guo J, Pukkala E, Kyyrönen P, Lindbohm M-L, Heikkilä P and Kauppinen T (2005): Testicular Cancer, Occupation and Exposure to Chemical Agents among Finnish Men in 1971-95. Cancer Causes and Control 16(2):97-103.
VII. Guo Johannes (2005): Finnish National Job-Exposure Matrix (FINJEM) in Register-Based Cancer Research. University of Tampere, doctoral dissertation. Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, People and Work, research reports 69.
Oral presentation in international scientific conferences:
- Nordiska arbesmiljömötet, 25-27.8.2003, Savonlinna, Finland
- Nordic Cancer Association 2003 Symposium, Iceland
- The Finnish Work Environment Fund 5000€, year 2002
- The Finnish Medical Foundation 4000€, year 2004
M.D. (1998), Ph.D. in Medicine (2005)
General Practitioner (2000), Specialist in occupational health (2004)
Specialist Qualification in Management (JET) (2008)
Special Competence in Insurance Medicine (2013)