Coronavirus testing services for air passengers
Does your airline or destination country require proof of a negative coronavirus test result?
Aava Medical Centre provides coronavirus testing services for air passengers at the Helsinki Airport arrivals hall 2A and the service point next to gate 26.
Make sure to check with your airline what kind of documentation they require from passengers. You can find more information about up-to-date travel notices from the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Passengers departing from Helsinki Airport, and the COVID-19 testing site in the arrivals hall 2A
If you need an antigen test (rapid test) result in order to travel, you can get tested at Aava’s service point in the arrivals hall 2A. You do not have to book an appointment for the test.
Preparation and arrival for coronavirus testing
Rapid antigen testing is provided at Aava’s service point in the arrivals hall 2A every day according to the schedule of flight departures to the Netherlands. Follow the signposts in the airport’s entrance lobby. Contact our customer service at 010 380 3838 to learn about the service point’s daily opening hours.
To ensure your test result is ready in good time, we recommend that you get tested four (4) hours before your flight’s departure. Although we have several testers working at the service point, you might have to wait a little while for your turn.
Please note that the testing site will close 75 minutes before your flight departs, so make sure to arrive early enough!
Rapid antigen testing and receiving your results
In rapid antigen testing, the coronavirus sample is taken with a sample stick from the nasopharynx (nostril).
It takes approximately 15–30 minutes to get the result. When the result is ready, a nurse will write you a certificate proving that your test result was negative. Take the certificate and proceed to the check-in counter. Your certificate will be checked at the check-in.
If your test result is positive, Aava’s personnel will give you instructions on what to do.
Gate area 26 and Aava’s service point
In the airport gate area, you can find Aava’s service point next to gate 26. In addition to coronavirus testing, our service point helps travellers with acute health-related matters and gives advice. Read more about the service point here.
Transfer passengers and passengers from non-Schengen countries
- If you are transferring flights at Helsinki Airport, you can get tested at Aava’s service point next to gate 26. Please notify us of your need for a test in advance: email@example.com
- Rapid antigen testing is not currently available for passengers arriving from non-Schengen countries due to border policies.
Price of the antigen test
- Rapid antigen test + referral + certificate: the price at the airport testing site is EUR 179.
- The coronavirus test will not be reimbursable by Kela.
Means of payment accepted at the Helsinki Airport COVID-19 testing site
- Domestic debit cards
- All domestic and international VISA, Mastercard and American Express cards
- Asian cards (JCB) and Discovery Scheme cards (e.g. Diners, RuPay).
- We do not accept UnionPay credit cards.
- We do not accept cash.