The administration of COVID-19 vaccines will be suspended in Aava occupational health care from 21 February 2022.
Hospital districts distribute COVID-19 vaccines to occupational health care service providers according to demand in order to avoid vaccine waste. As demand has become minimal over the past two weeks, there are currently no reasonable grounds for administering vaccines through Aava’s occupational health care.
If the national situation changes, Aava is prepared to resume vaccinations at short notice.
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine and when?
The National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) determines the order of vaccination in Finland and is responsible for providing instructions on vaccination and distributing vaccines to hospital districts and municipalities. THL’s website provides information on vaccines, vaccination and the order of vaccination as well as on the progress of COVID vaccinations in different municipalities (in Finnish).
THL's recommendations for vaccination intervals
The second dose
The second dose 6 to 12 weeks after the first dose.
If you have had a corona infection after the first vaccine, the second vaccine can be given 3 to 6 months later. However, in special cases, a second dose may be given between 6 and 12 weeks (for example in case of travelling).
The third dose
Those aged 18–59, who are not in risk groups
The third dose four months after the second dose.
Those aged 60 and above
The third dose three months after the second dose.
Please note, that if you have had a corona infection after the second vaccine, you will not need a third dose. The exception is severely immunocompromised individuals, for whom a third dose of the vaccine is also recommended.
The fourth dose
THL recommends a fourth dose of coronary vaccines for the following groups
- people aged 12 years and over who are severely immunocompromised
- people aged 80 years and over
- people living in nursing homes for the elderly
- elderly people in residential care or family care and other elderly people with correspondingly reduced health and functional capacity who cannot manage at home alone
- people in medical risk groups 1 and 2 aged 70 to 79
The vaccine can be given to a person in the target groups for the fourth dose after 3 months from the third dose.
Please note that vaccination intervals in different municipalities may differ from the THL recommendation.
Preparing and arriving for COVID-19 vaccination
Only come to the appointment healthy. Please do not arrive too early or late in order to avoid queues at the vaccination location. Remember to bring a form of ID with you.
- Wear a face mask and disinfect your hands on arrival and departure
- While waiting for your appointment, keep a safe distance of two metres from other customers
- After the vaccination, be prepared to wait for 15 minutes during which we will observe how you feel after receiving the vaccine
- If you need a COVID-19 vaccination certificate, you can generally get it after you have received the second dose. Learn more.
Once you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, be sure to continue to protect yourself well. Practise good hand hygiene, maintain safe distances, continue to wear a face mask and comply with restrictions on gathering currently in effect.
Price and payment of COVID-19 vaccination
The COVID-19 vaccine is free of charge for all persons residing in Finland. If the vaccine is administered in Aava occupational health care, the employer will be charged for the administration of the vaccine.